So today we needed some groceries so I loaded everyone in the car and away we went to Walmart. McKay always gets excited to go there and makes sure to let me know when he sees the sign so I won't drive past. He always begs to look at the Toy Story Toys, which we always do. After killing some time and getting the things we needed, we checked out and away to the car we went. Once I got there, it hit me, the keys were missing. Now, for a minute, I thought they were just hiding as they sometimes do in my pocket or in my purse. I looked through all the bags, the kids pockets, anywhere I thought they could be but to no avail. Our "Brown Car" as McKay calls it has a keypad with a code we can use to open the door so I put my groceries in the car, made the boys stay in the cart and back to the store we went. We retraced our steps back to checkout where we asked if we left the keys there, NO....so we went to Customer Service and waited in a LONG LINE, isn't there always a long line at Customer Service, you'd think they'd have more people working the desk, but oh yeah, I remember, it's Walmart, we go there for the low prices, definitely not for the Customer Service. Anyhow, once we reached the front we asked if anyone had turned in any keys to which the associate didn't really answer, just grabbed a box full of keys and handed it to me. I was amazed how many sets of keys they had, even though mine weren't in there...so we went to sit down and I called my wonderful neighbor Amy. We got locked out of our house once, so after we got back in we made a duplicate key and gave it to her for safe keeping. Anyway, she was sweet enough to go to our house, get our other set of car keys and bring them to me. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! By this time Tanner had been screaming for a few minutes and Grant was just about asleep in the cart. Well, we made it home with T and G falling asleep on the way home. The keys are still missing, so I guess the next few times I go to Walmart I'll go to Customer Service and search through their bucket of keys, we're bound to find them eventually, Right? So you may wonder why I wrote this down. Well, it was so years from now I could look back and laugh at my crazy predicament and remember not to sweat the small stuff....and to remember to KEEP BETTER TRACK OF MY KEYS, AND FROM HERE ON OUT, I WON'T LET THEM OUT OF MY SIGHT!!!
6 comments:
So did you ever find your keys or are they missing forever??? We hate Walmart, so we go to WinCo instead, and we always spend waaay less than we did at Walmart.
You're very welcome!! Im glad I was home AND that I amswered my phone. :) Im happy to help anytime I can!
Thank goodness for spare keys and nice neighbors! Or you would have been stuck at Wal Mart forever. I hate losing keys! So sorry! I hope they turn up soon.
Broc left the keys in the car at Walmar once and had to walk home with Iain. I was at work, Iain was 2 and Broc had a broken arm! I hope you find your keys.
Losing keys is the worst! Especially when you need to put kids or food inside the car or house! This brings back memories of when I left my keys in the house and you lent me your brand NEW car to take dinner to a friend!
You poor girl and sadly that sounds just like something I would do.
Post a Comment