The Antics and Misadventures of McKay, Tanner and Grant



Sunday, December 14, 2008

More sick than I expected

So after a long Thursday night of sick, non sleeping kids, Friday morning McKay woke up with his eye almost sealed shut with goop so a trip to the doctor became a priority. The diagnosis was double ear infection and pink eye for McKay, single ear infection for Tanner. This is our first time dealing with trying to give the boys antibiotics. NOT FUN!! McKay has never had a problem taking other medications but for some reason he hates this kind. (It must run in the family, my mom said I hated it too when I was little) He fights and kicks and spits it out and tries to seal his mouth shut. I don't know how much of the medication he's getting and how much is ending up on Chad and I, but we make a noble effort. If that isn't bad enough, we have to put eye drops in 3 times a day as well. He's very vocal about the fact that he hates them too. I think Tanner is too little to know any better so he's taking his medicine just fine. It's hard to see them sick...I can't wait until they get back to their sweet, charming selves.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I am so glad you started a blog! It's so cute! It's too bad that you have been stuck in the house with so much sickness! Let's just hope that your kids got it all out of their systems so they don't get it when the baby comes!!