This was our first experience with team sports and I have to say it was an adventure. Some of those parents take things way too seriously, I have to say some are just plain CRAZY...I mean, come on, they're preschoolers, not REAL Salt Lake players...get a grip!
It was fun having the neighbor be our coach...Coach Trea on the field, Sister Loertscher at church and it was fun to have some of McKay's church buddies on the team with him, namely Cael and Ben.
Overall, it was a fun season and McKay did great for his first time. We're looking forward to many more years of team sports for all of the boys....there goes all our Saturday mornings for the next 16 years....
| McKay got to be lucky number 13, which was cool since his birthday is the 13th of January |
| McKay striking a pose for me, which at that moment was much better than being on the field like he was supposed to be |
| On the field, just waiting for the ball to come to him, he didn't like to go after it very much, and I often had to remind him to look for the ball so he could run to it. |
| Messing with his shirt, like he did almost every game he was very concerned with his comfort out on the field, more concerned about that than where the ball was... |
| I think this picture speaks for itself. |
| McKay in on the action...YAY!!! |







1 comment:
We love soccer. It is hilarious to watch the little kids swarm the ball! Thankfully our league is pretty good about keeping it low key, but the older they get the more parents are intense. Whatever, it's fun, we're learning teamwork and being physical. It's one of the reasons we haven't entered the world of football. Even though Jacob is extremely athletic he is very high strung. I just don't like the thought of having other parents yelling at my kid! Glad you guys got to experience some of the fun we have had with Soccer!
Post a Comment