So my great Aunt on my Mom's side died on Sunday night so I have had the privlege of reminiscing about my only 2 Great Aunts this week, since they died within a week of each other. What can I say about Aunt Joyce? She was a bit irreverent, sarcastic, fiesty, sassy and wonderful. She loved her family so much and even though she had a really hard life, she managed to find a bit of black humor in it every now and then. She totally reminded me of Mrs. Burg from the Disney show Pollyanna. She looked kind of like her with her fiery red hair and had a lot of the same attitude. One day Pollyanna went to visit Mrs. Burg at her house and there was a man there with her all dressed up in the suit and trying to get Pollyanna to go away. Pollyanna asked what they were doing and she said "I'm picking out the lining for my coffin"....that's just the type of line you'd hear from Aunt Joyce. I loved her grumpiness but also her bright smile and all the kindness she showed to others. She was an extremely hard worker and did many things for her family. She also had the most beautiful diamond cluster rings that she always wore and almost every time I saw her she would take the smallest one off and hand it to me to try on, and she always commented how nice it looked on me. I will certainly miss her and look forward to the day with gladness when I get to see her again. I've included her obituary so I can remember it. Rest in peace my sweet Aunt Joyce. I love you!!

Amy Joyce Hardy Johnson 1925 ~ 2011 Amy Joyce Hardy Johnson, 85, of Payson, Utah peacefully passed from this life on January 9, 2011. She was born on March 26, 1925 in Moroni, Utah to John Henry and Delphia Morley Hardy. She married Richard Elmo Johnson on June 25, 1948 in Springville, Utah and they were blessed with three children. She was a loving example to her family and will be missed dearly. Joyce was employed as the Dining Room Manager at Cottonwood Country Club in Holladay, Utah. She was a member of The Daughters of Utah Pioneers and enjoyed ceramics and handwork. She was an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and was loved by all who knew her. She is survived by her children, Richard D. Johnson, West Valley City; and Lynn (Toby) Harding, Woodland Hills; nine grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren. Joyce is also survived by a sister, Ruth Hardy (Bill) Sleight, Holladay, Utah. She was preceded in death by her husband, Richard Elmo Johnson; a daughter, DeeAnn Davis; son-in-law, Lynn Davis; one grandchild; and two great-grandchildren. Family graveside services will be held on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at the Murray City Cemetery. Donations may be made to the LDS Missionary Fund to honor Joyce, or please do something nice for someone in her memory. Condolences may be sent to the family at: www.walkerfamilymortuary.com
1 comment:
Such wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment