The Antics and Misadventures of McKay, Tanner and Grant



Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh the words our children repeat...WHOOPS!!

So yesterday was an especially hard day for me.  I love my boys but yesterday they were getting on my nerves.  That may not be very nice to admit but after all I'm certainly not perfect as evidence from this post.  They were fighting and screaming and chasing each other.  They were SUPER loud to the point that I couldn't hear myself think.  We went to the library and they were loud and crying, Tanner and McKay running around and not staying with me...in short I was extremely embarrassed and definitely at the end of my rope.  I felt discouraged and unappreciated by them.  Chad laughs when I tell him that I think they fight on purpose just to annoy me, it may not be true but it sure feels like it sometimes.  So when Chad got home he told me to take some Julie time and not come back until dark.  I had a nice leisurely quiet time shopping at places that would be a nightmare with the children in tow.  By the time the night ended I felt better and was able to come home and not freak out.  So here's where the title of the post comes in....Tanner loves to be naked lately and every time I turn around his clothes are off, yet another discouraging frustrating thing that drives me crazy.  Anyway, so I told him to put his Pull-up back on and he said, "No Mama, I'm sick of this"...WHAT??? REALLY??? Chad was right there and gave me that smirky he didn't hear that from me grin, and I couldn't help it, I laughed (not so Tanner could hear lest he think it was ok to say) and I tried about 10 more times to get him to put them on and got the same response every time.    I had to wait for him to go to sleep then sneak his Pull-up back on him, because I was not about to have to wash the sheets on his bed last night.  After that I felt bad that he learned that from me but I kept pointing out to Chad that at least he wasn't repeating swear words (not that I say very many any more, maybe on a rare occasion under my breath without thinking about it, and then feel bad all day).  Later last night I was reading McKay a bedtime story and told him the name of the book, it was called Sitting Duck, to which he replied Sitting CRAP and laughed...and I thought Oh Crap...ha ha...he learned that from me too.  LOVELY!  Lets just say I wouldn't have won any mother of the year awards yesterday.  That's all.

2 comments:

The Ingleby Family said...

Julie, Thank you for sharing this post. I feel the same way some days. I just want to hand in my mom card and say it is all over for the day. I literally told Bruce one day when he got home from work that I had clocked out. He was on the clock. I actually got away with it too. Thanks for making me smile and laugh. Keep it up, I am sure you are a great mom. WE just need to be told sometimes.

Mindy said...

I get annoyed and frustrated with the one child I have so I obviously think you're the best Mommy ever!