The Antics and Misadventures of McKay, Tanner and Grant



Thursday, November 25, 2010

The things I'm grateful for

So being Thanksgiving, I thought I'd take a minute and remember some of the many things I'm grateful for.  I'm extremely grateful for the gospel in my life.  I'm grateful for the knowledge that families can be together forever, that our family members who are no longer with us are busy preparing for the day when we can see each other again. I'm grateful for the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ, for the chance we have to repent when we do something wrong and to be comforted when things seem impossibly difficult. I'm thankful for my amazing family.  Chad works incredibly hard for our family without a whole lot of recognition, except from his family of course, Love you BABE!! I'm incredibly grateful that the Lord has blessed me with McKay, Tanner and Grant, 3 of the most amazing, happy, energetic, kind, playful, sassy, exhausting little boys in the world.  My love for them is what gets me out of bed in the morning (or even a few times in the middle of the night just for good measure) I don't know what I'd do without them. I'm grateful for our kind and generous parents and grandparents.  My children couldn't ask for better examples, and I'm so grateful that the boys get the opportunity to really know them and learn all the good things they can from them.  I'm grateful for a house to live in...it may be small and not decorated exactly the way I'd like it, but it's ours and it has HEAT (especially great given the 17 degree high yesterday, BRRR!) and it fits our needs, if not all of our wants.  I'm grateful that we don't have to share a car, that Chad and I each have our own, and that I get to drive the newer car (sorry Chad, someday you'll get to pick out the car of your dreams). I can't imagine what I'd do if I was stuck home day after day without a chance to go for a ride and take a breather when things get tough.  Even if I don't go anywhere, the knowledge that I can is awesome.  I'm grateful for wonderful friends who go out of their way to make me feel loved and appreciated.  It's so great to have so many friends right outside my door.  I'm grateful for the long days on the playground this last summer, soaking up the sun and tiring out the kids :)....and look forward to WARM SUMMER WEATHER again soon (wishful thinking) I'm grateful for good health when we have it,  no seizures for McKay is over a year, no ear infections for Grant, no major sickness for Tanner, I hope it lasts, but given our luck, probably won't.  I'm grateful for excellent books that help me escape and relax for a few hours, and especially grateful for libraries since I read so very fast, I'd never be able to afford to buy all the books I read. Finally, I'm grateful for the great food I'm going to eat later today...Turkey with cranberry sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Candied Yams, Shrimp Cocktail, Pumpkin Pie, Gingerbread Trifle, Rolls, and then Turkey sandwiches a couple hours later.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.  Happy Thanksgiving!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to say you are thankful for me. :) ha ha
Amazing how being grateful makes each day better. Thanks for the nice Thanksgiving post and the reminder of how our nice, warm homes "meet all of our needs, if not our wants." Well said. Happy Thanksgiving and happy eating!

Mindy said...

That is a good list Julie! Grateful for all the right things!

Jana said...

You are so thoughtful! Hope you had a good one! I'm ready for the warm sun to come also! My kids can make a chain for Christmas, and I'll make a chain for warm weather!

Melissa said...

Love it Julie. You are an amazing Mom. I don't know how you keep up! My boys are far enough apart to keep the craziness down, but we make up for it in major drama with the girls. My favorite was about your home meeting needs if not wants. That is sooo me! And I too am grateful for our Heat.

Crandall Clan said...

Love your list Julie and we are grateful for your sweet personality and loving kindness to all of us! Your 3 boys are definitely AWESOME!