Now, just in case you're thinking that I'm getting holier than thou, I can assure you, that's not the case, I still have plenty of things to work on, but I feel like there are certain moments that just need to be celebrated.
We've decided that Monday night is make your own pizza night. The boys LOVE it so much...they are picky eaters so having something for dinner that they'll eat is a treat and creates a good mood in the house.
We have a Karaoke DVD with Primary songs on it and have decided that the songs are amazing and we try to sing songs that reinforce gospel principles for the boys, so each week we put in the DVD and sing away at the top of our lungs.
They LOVE the songs which include Follow the Prophet, I Am a Child of God, Heavenly Father Loves Me, The Holy Ghost, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I Love to see the Temple and a Child's Prayer.
Last night it was randomly playing songs so the boys didn't know what song was coming up next. When A Child's Prayer came on we were singing together and they were doing great singing away. Here are the words:
Heavenly Father, are you really there
And do you hear and answer every childs prayer?
Some say that Heaven is far away
But I feel it close around me as I pray
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago
Suffer the Children to come to me
Father in Prayer I'm coming now to thee.
Pray he is there, speak he is listening
You are his child, his love now surrounds you
He hears your prayers, he loves the children
of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heaven.
As soon as it finished McKay got all excited and said, "Mama, Heavenly Father is REALLY there." After I wiped the tears away and gave a knowing look to Chad we agreed with him and took a minute to tell him that we TRULY KNOW, Heavenly Father IS REALLY THERE. It was one of those sweet moments in life. I felt like our Father in Heaven allowed us a glimpse into McKay's heart and our son is AMAZING. I love him so much. I always want him to remember that Heavenly Father is TRULY there for him, every minute of every day, and I'm EXTREMELY grateful we chose to have Family Home Evening last night, and look forward to many more amazing moments in the future.







4 comments:
I am going to walk by your home on Monday nights to see if I can hear some of that singing! Leave your windows open! :)
Way to go on the FHE!
What a great idea. Sometimes I think that Kohen is too little to understand FHE, and therefore we don't really have it. We spend every night together as a family of three, so I justify myself by thinking that "every night is family night". It's so great to set aside specific time EACH week for this and I think I will start following your example. Thanks Julie:)
*dabbing eyes* How totally AMAZING, and touching Julie. I don't know why it is so difficult to do! We REALLY need to start doing it more regularly in our home too. Thanks for sharing!
Hope you don't mind me blog stalking you. I'm excited to read about the antics of your herd of three boys, since I now have my very own three-boy-herd!
Post a Comment