The Antics and Misadventures of McKay, Tanner and Grant



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

McKay's First Day of Preschool

Last night McKay fell asleep super early, so Daddy gave him his first "Fathers Blessing for school" while he was sleeping.  Here are some of the things Daddy blessed him with: 

That he would have the capacity to learn all the new things the teachers would teach him.  He blessed him that he'd be able to help his friends feel comfortable, that he'd be nice to the other kids, that he'd be able to learn how to write correctly, and that he'd be able to do all the things that would be asked of him.

 It was so sweet.  I'm eternally grateful for a wonderful husband and father who uses his priesthood for the benefit of his family, and I'm glad to know this is just one of many blessings McKay will receive each year when school starts.  It's great to see the priesthood in action. It warms my heart to know McKay has such a great example to follow.

This morning McKay woke up excited and the morning was effortless. (I really hope the excitement continues, it makes the day so much nicer) Then he saw his friends out the window and we decided we wanted to take the stroller and walk to school.  It was fun "parading" to school with his cute friends Emmalee, Brandon and Liriel.  When we got there we waited in line to sign them in then when the time came he got a hug and kiss from Mama and then off we went.  I was quite proud of myself that I didn't cry until after he went in so he didn't see me and think I was sad.  I can't believe that just 4 1/2 years have passed since he was a tiny little newborn, depending on Mama for everything and now he's this independent boy with the sparkling eyes and his green dinosaur shirt, ready to run right in and learn.  I'm so excited for all the things he will learn and share with his brothers and his Mama.  I am so proud of him and hope for many more fun days to come.


I told him he could say ROAR instead of CHEESE since he was wearing his Dinosaur shirt and this is what I got....LOVELY!!

Can we just go already?
McKay and his best pal Emmalee 
 Apparently they pretended they got married recently.  Oh McKay, I hope you are lucky enough to marry a girl as sweet as Em someday...

Waiting in line to go in with Emmalee, Brandon and Liriel


Tanner on the playground at the school after McKay went in.  I turned my back and he had his shoes and pants off in 5 seconds flat, this boy seriously doesn't like to stay dressed...kinda embarrasing but so darn cute.

On the way home I asked McKay if he had fun and he said he did but didn't share many details about what they did.  From listening to Emmalee talking to her mom on the way home I did hear that he got fruit snacks and apple juice, played on the playground, and learned a new goodbye song.  Thanks Em for keeping me informed.

3 comments:

Evette Mendisabal said...

So glad he was excited to go and learn. He's such a little cutie and SO BIG!!! Where does the time go?

Just the 3 of us... said...

He looks super cute!! It makes me sad kids grow up so fast.

Jana said...

What adorable kids! It seriously made a HUGE difference that McKay was there with EmmaLee. Oh, so sad, yet so, so sweet! I loved how his eyes lit up when he came out to see you at the end of the first day. It was priceless!