This morning I woke up thinking/worrying about many things and I started to feel sorry for myself. So instead of wallowing in pity I've decided I really do need to Count my Blessings to give myself some perspective. These are some things I'm grateful for:
Nothing can turn a frown upside down faster in my house than Cocoa Puffs for McKay and Chocolate Milk for Tanner
Tanner saying, "I love you soo much mama"
Dancing around the living room with the boys singing Hey Soul Sister by Train (currently our favorite song)
Long days and nights at the playground talking with friends and watching the kids play
The love of a good man who works incredibly hard for our family, even when it's not pleasant, as in working all day on the 3rd floor of a non-air conditioned classroom dealing with teenagers (pure torture from my perspective) he must REALLY LOVE HIS FAMILY to do that.
My children singing "I am a Child of God" with such tender faith and amazing little voices.
Comfort food as in Chocolate Zucchini Bread, my new favorite treat.
Trying on clothes yesterday and fitting into a smaller size than I thought I was.
A cold Diet Coke on a hot day.
Realizing my house as been cleaner in the last 6 weeks than it has been our entire marriage, and the sense of accomplishment that brings.
My children being relatively good in sacrament meeting 2 weeks in a row, we didn't have to take them out once, which is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT.
The ability to comfort my sweet children when they are sad just by holding them and telling them I love them.
Our Memory Foam mattress, the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, I just want to lie down and never get out of my bed.
How much joy I find in sunshine, no matter how dark the night the sun ALWAYS comes up.
Getting lost in a good book to be able to forget my problems for an afternoon.
So today these are the 15 things I'm grateful for, and I do admit, I feel better.
Friends, promposal and practices.
4 months ago







5 comments:
Sometimes it's so hard to think of the things you're grateful for, especially on days like those, so thank you for sharing! And congrats on trying on clothes and being a smaller size. Gotta LOVE that!
P.S. Your new post didn't show up on my blog list, I just looked at it because I had heard you said you updated it. I'm not sure why it's doing that. I may be the only one, I don't know? Just thought I would let you know.
You have wonderful things to be grateful for. If only we could ALL recognize and remember our blessings each and every day. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Julie!
p.s. I did notice your cute boys behaving so well in sacrament meeting, Yay! I bet that feels so great for you and Chad!
Yay! So many things to be grateful for. Thanks for reminding me of the many blessings I too have in life. Hope your week ends better.
Big hugs!!
Julie, I have had one of those days today as well. I hope it looks up for you!!! Maybe a trip to Leatherby's would make us happy!!!
LMK if there is anything I can do for you!!!
Andrea
So how are you keeping your home so clean these days? I want your secrets.
I am grateful for you and your friendship and your insights and testimony!
Post a Comment