The Antics and Misadventures of McKay, Tanner and Grant



Monday, November 16, 2009

Big Shoes to Fill

So the other day Chad's shoes were just lying in the hallway, and McKay put his little feet in them and tried to walk.  He looked over at me and said, "Mama, I have big shoes to fill".  It was so cute, and I couldn't agree with him more. Chad is a wonderful man, and here's why.... He has a strong testimony and puts the Lord first in his life.  He  is a worthy priesthood holder who does his duty.  His knowledge of the gospel is incredible. He's a great example to his children.  He helps me be a better person.  He makes me smile when I'm sad.  He has a great sense of humor that can cause me to laugh uncontrollably.  He has an endless supply of patience when I have completely run out.  He's a true gentleman, always walking my grandma to her car when she comes over. He sacrifices a lot for our family and is an extremely hard worker.  All in all, I'm grateful every day for the gift of Chad in my life and wouldn't trade him for the world.  I'm so grateful that we're married for eternity, because I will love him at least that long. 

2 comments:

Rushele said...

That is too cute! I love when kids say things like that and they just so happen to be VERY true!!

Mindy said...

I love that comment! It's so funny the things little kids say. He probably didn't really understand what he'd said either. So cute!!!