The Antics and Misadventures of McKay, Tanner and Grant



Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tanner is 2....how the time flies by

Looking back on the last 2 years, it seems like just yesterday I held my precious newborn Tanner in my arms.  What a gift it is to be a mother.  He was such a beautiful baby and I was overjoyed and humbled by this new sweet spirit that was entrusted to Chad and I by Heavenly Father. I was induced with him, 2 days earlier when planned because of a decelerating heart beat on his non-stress test..that happened quite often during the pregnancy and I was so worried, of course everything turned out okay but it was still hard to deal with at the time.  We went in to have him on Wednesday, the 7th.  McKay was staying with Mema and Papa and Chad and I were hanging out waiting for the Pitocin to kick in.  I was missing McKay like crazy so I called my parents and they said they were just getting McKay dressed and were gonna take him on a ride.  About 30 minutes later they came strolling into my hospital room...pretty sneaky, but I was really glad to see Kay.  I was starting to be in pain and thought it was more pain than it was with McKay and they came in and let me know that I was a 5....(I just assumed like last time they'd ask me if I wanted an epidural, but they didn't so after that, I let them know I wanted one ASAP) so they broke my water, and by the time they finished the epidural I was a 6...I transitioned really fast after that.   By that point my dad had taken McKay to the cafeteria but Chad and my mom were there.  During that transition period I was watching the monitors and Tanners heart rate dropped to 70...which is totally freaky when it should be in the 130-150 range...after the contraction it went back up and then with the next contraction it dropped to 70 again, at which time I made a comment that that was definitely Not Good and we should see the nurse come in immediately.  She and the Dr. came running.  My mom was freaking out so Chad casually mentioned he thought she should go find Dad and McKay in the cafeteria.  As she walked out Dr. Morgan said we should get the baby out ASAP.  The epidural had kind of worn off at this point and I felt a lot more than I did with McKay...I remember just saying Ouch.ouch.ouch.ouch and the doctor said he was almost out....it took a total of 3 pushes and then he came out with wonderful dark hair...the whole pregnancy I was really hoping he'd have brown hair and look like me and he did.  I was so happy and it was great that McKay was at the hospital and was able to see him right after he was born. I was so shocked because we went in about 7 and had him around 12:30.  All day I couldn't believe it was so quick.. I'm so grateful for the blessing of this sweet child in my life.  His smile just melts my heart and I love him oh so much.

No comments: