The Antics and Misadventures of McKay, Tanner and Grant



Friday, July 3, 2009

3 boys waking up at different times equals 1 tired mama

So lately the boys have decided that I need little or no sleep and have been testing that theory every day. It starts out innocent enough...Tanner goes down for the night at 8 pm and then Grant follows by 9:30. McKay has always thought he would miss something if he went to sleep too early so he makes the most of every single minute. Last night I got him to sleep by 10. By then the house is quiet but I know it won't last. By the morning, Grant gets up twice, maybe 3 times, McKay who sleeps next to me in bed because if not he'll get up 3 or 4 times, twists and turns and steals my pillow all night, Tanner wants a bottle in the middle of the night but then doesn't want to go back to bed and wants to be rocked back to sleep, screams after a little while to be held again, then gets up at 7:30 for the day. Lets just say that I haven't had a full, uninterrupted night sleep since I was pregnant with McKay 4+ years ago. I don't know what I'd do with a full nights sleep. On the bright side, I'm thankful every day that I have these sweet boys and even though I would like more sleep, I wouldn't trade them for the world.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so sorry, I only have one kid and I don't sleep well. I'm not excited about the sleep issue when I have more kids. Kenzie woke up at 2:00 this morning and wouldn't really sleep past that. She must be teething again. I guess I should just start giving her medicine.

Salazar Family said...

Gotta love not getting any sleep! Im sorry they are all getting up at different times... thats so hard! But they sure are cute boys!

Evette Mendisabal said...

Julie! I'm so excited to have found your blog through a comment you left on Heather Mertz's blog. I hope you don't mind me reading it. It's been so fun catching up on things you've been doing. Your boys are ADORABLE!!! It looks like being a mum to three is hard work. I admire you! Hope you guys continue to do well.

Melissa said...

Thankfully for the most part my kids sleep decent, but around Christmas time I had all four of the up at different times during the night for a week. And let's just say that I'm not a pretty sight in the morning after being woken up every night multiple times in a week. I admire you. I lean towards total mental breakdown without enough sleep. Hang in there!

Nicole said...

Sorry about your sleepless days and nights:( Okay, here is my email address...nicolelawrence44@gmail.com...send me an email so that I have your address and I will send you an invite to our blog! Sorry it took me so long!