The Antics and Misadventures of McKay, Tanner and Grant



Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Growing up too fast

I just wanted to take a quick moment to express my feelings regarding my life lately. It's amazing to me how fast my little boys are growing up. It has been quite a year, with many ups and downs. No matter how crazy and challenging my life becomes, I think of how incredibly grateful I am to be a mother. As a little girl, whenever I thought about what I wanted to be when I grew up, being a mother was at the very top of my list. From the first moments when I held McKay, Tanner and Grant, I knew my life would never be the same. Even now, I can't even comprehend how I lived without my sweet children. How empty my life would be without these incredibly special spirits I have the privilege of living with and learning from. I have to say that while I don't always "enjoy the journey" when challenges and problems come up, I try to always remember that these little boys will only be little for a short while and I need to take time to make the little moments matter.

2 comments:

Evette Mendisabal said...

So true Julie. They seem to grow up so fast. I know I'm going to look back and wish I had taken the time to get down on the floor a little more and just play. So much tends to take away from our time and pull us in other directions ... our kiddo's should be our priority.
Your boys are so lucky to have a great Mom like you.

Jana said...

You are right! And you sure have some cute boys! I don't know how you do it!