The Antics and Misadventures of McKay, Tanner and Grant



Saturday, May 30, 2009

My sweet Tanner

So lately I've been feeling that with all of the excitement in the Coon house with Baby Grant arriving and McKay's seizure problems I haven't taken the time to talk about my awesome boy
Tanner, so sweetheart....this is for you! I've been thinking about all of the things I love about my sweet boy. Tanner absolutely loves his Winnie the Pooh blankets...he has 2 of them and I practically have to wrestle them out of his hands to wash them. (Usually I only succeed when he's asleep.) My mom nicknamed him Linus (from Charlie Brown) because just like Linus where he is the blanket is. He always calls for me in the morning...Mama, Mama, MAMA! He can't wait to start his day and has a wonderful smile on his face when I come get him. He loves his Binkie and if it can't be found he says "Binkie, where are you?" When I do something that makes him laugh he looks at me with his amazing hazel eyes and a big grin and says "Silly Mama". He absolutely loves Little Einsteins and gets so excited his face lights up when he hears the music. He loves to dance around and sing along...it is so cute. He loves to sleep(which I just love) and when it's bed time I ask him if he's ready for night night and he just smiles, makes sure he has his bottle, binkie and blanket and follows me in and away to sleepy time he goes. (If only it was that easy with the other 2). I love that Tanner has dark brown hair. I was so excited when he was born and saw his hair color. I love that we have at least one child that somewhat resembles me. Tanner loves shoes...especially Mommy and Daddy's and he looks so cute walking around in them. Tanner loves to say the word "glasses" and thinks it's funny so he says it over and over if he see's someone with them on. He also loves to wear them and looks extremely cool in them. He is so tenderhearted...when McKay was at the hospital during his recent visits Tanner just wanted to be with him and walked around saying his name over and over again. When he wakes up in the morning his first question is Kay Kay? He keeps asking for him until he sees him. He does have a funny quirk....when he looks in the mirror and I ask him who he sees he always says Kay Kay, he thinks he's McKay for some reason. We'll definitely need to work on that. Overall, Tanner is a fabulous child and it's a joy to be his mother. I love my Tanny-man.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Yes, he is a sweetheart! You are a very blessed Mom with your three sweet boys!