The Antics and Misadventures of McKay, Tanner and Grant



Monday, July 11, 2011

Who Moved my Cheese?

This is one of those stories that I'm sure I may laugh about one day

To say Tanner LOVES shredded cheese would be an understatement.  He is like a mouse.  Whenever I bring cheese home, even if I try to hide it in the fridge in a deep dark corner (OK, so I don't actually have deep dark corners in my fridge but you get the idea) he will find it. 

Recently, Chad went to the store and bought large package of cheese with 8 cups in it.
 (Approximately an $8 value)


(I couldn't find a picture of the 8 cup bag so I put up 4 small bags for my illustration.)



That's a lot of cheese, we thought we'd be set for awhile, sadly this was not to be.  A couple days later Chad asked me where the cheese was.  I hadn't opened the bag but I had cleaned out the fridge the day before so I thought I had accidently thrown the bag away, and didn't think any more about it. 

So we went on vacation for 5 DAYS, came home, settled back in and I decided to dejunk the boys room.  To give you some background, McKay and Tanner have bunkbeds, with Tanner being on the bottom.  I looked far under the bed to the dark corners behind the big toys that are stored under there and low and behold what did I find?  The missing 8 cup bag of cheese.  It had fallen off the bottom bunk and landed in the perfect hiding place. ICKY! The package was still unopened, surprisingly it wasn't green but given a few more days I'm sure it would have been.  The bag had gotten extremely large and looked like it was about to blow.  (Thinking back, I totally should have taken a picture of it but you'll have to take my word for it.) I quickly threw it away and was very thankful that it hadn't exploded.  Can you just imagine the smell, I'm sure it would have been bad enough to lose my lunch. 

As you can probably guess, I was not happy, that not only had we wasted $8, but that it could have easily been a disastrous mess that I would have inevitably had to clean up.  I had a talk with T-man, letting him know why bringing cheese into his room was a really bad idea, and also that if he wanted some cheese all he had to do was come ask me and I'd get it for him. He seemed to understand, but then again, he is 3 so I guess I'll be double checking the side of his bed every day for anything he may have snuck in there.  I'm also going to be on the hunt for a fabulous REFRIGERATOR LOCK.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

ha ha ha! I only laugh because we've been there done that! David is our cheese monster. He will eat cheese till the cows come home. He'll sit at the table with a bag of cheese and just eat it. Or I will go to the fridge and find chunks bitten of the block of cheese! We too have found many a crazy thing in the kids bedrooms, even though food is NOT ALLOWED somehow it finds its way there anyhow!

Marcy said...

That is too funny!!! I love to hear about the stories of your boys.
I actually found a strap lock that Dallas can not get into. They're at Target and you get 2 for $5 or so. They stick wiith the 3M strips so they come off easy too. They would work fantastic on the top of fridge doors. Luckily I don't have that problem YET. :)