If you've seen Tanner lately, more than likely you've actually seen Sheriff Woody from Toy Story. Woody is his alter-ego, like Clark Kent turning into Superman. A few neighbors have said Hello to him, just to be told politely, "Please, call me Woody". When I call him by name to ask him to do something he looks at me and says, "I'm not Tanner, I'm Sheriff" or "I'm not Tanner, I'm Woody". Woody has been spotted on the playground, at the grocery store, at the local Costco, taking and picking McKay up from preschool everyday, at Grandma Karen and Grandpa Toms, at Mema and Papa's, and of course all day at our house. Previously Tanner was not much for wearing clothes and would take them off as fast as I put them on, but if he has his costume on, he generally stays dressed. Now, just imagine how hard it is for me to pry it off him to get in the wash...close to impossible but usually when he's sleeping I can hurry and stick it in the washer so it's nice and clean when he wakes up. Also, as Woody, Tanner loves to sing the "Woody's Round-up" song from Toy Story 2, and will put on an impromptu performance at the drop of a hat, (Woody's cowboy hat of course), As of yet, I haven't been able to get it on video so you'll have to picture Tanner's rendition as related by Mama:
Woody's wound up, come on time to play
with Jessie the yodeling cowgirl
Yo-da-le-HEEEE-who
Looky looky that's me
he's the wootin-ist, tootin-ist, cowboy in the Ild, Ild 'Est (wild, wild west)
Woody's WOOOOUNNNND-UP
After he sings, he tips his hat and takes a bow, followed by his hand on his hip and a gigantic smile.
Oh how I love this boy. It is so cute to watch him "in character" and I just can't wait to see what he comes up with next. So, if you see our little Sheriff around town, feel free to say hello, he may even tip his hat for you.
1 comment:
That is so precious! I love it! Kate tells me to call her "Lyssa." Not sure where she got the name from, but I always know she's imagining something when she's "Lyssa." I love that Tanner won't keep his clothes on unless it's his Woody costume! Hilarious!
Post a Comment