The Antics and Misadventures of McKay, Tanner and Grant



Monday, January 12, 2009

My McKay, looking back on 3 years






I can't believe my sweet McKay was born 3 years ago. What a wonderful experience it has been to be his mother. Reflecting back on his life has brought me such joy. I think back to the time that I so longed for a baby, I was so anxious to hold my first sweet baby and to give him my love. I'm thankful every day that Heavenly Father saw fit to send me my amazing boy. I remember the day he was born vividly. I was induced so we ended up at the hospital very early in the morning, around 6:30 I think. I was scared and excited and couldn't wait for the day to end so I could hold my little boy. When I was about 3 cm, I got my epidural and I'm grateful that I was able to relax and enjoy the day in relative comfort. The time it took for me to get from 7 to about 9 cm was about 20 minutes, I have to admit that was a little rough, and I was so sick I threw up. McKay's heart rate kept dropping so I ended up on oxygen and had to lay on my side to make sure it went back up. I ended up pushing for 45 minutes and then he finally arrived. That was a moment I will never forget. I was so very proud of myself. I felt like it had been a huge accomplishment and I was so grateful that things turned out so well. I don't know if I've ever been happier in my whole life. I couldn't quit smiling. I sure loved my little sweet boy and didn't want to stop holding him. He was 8 lbs 3 oz and 20 and 3/4 inches long, with a lot of sandy brown hair. Since then, we have had many small, wonderful moments together as mother and son. He has always been adventurous and wanted to explore the world around him. He has a tender heart and a sweet spirit that radiates out of his little body. He is quick to show love to others and gets so excited about the little things in his life. He reminds me every day to be more kind and loving, to remember that someone is always watching and learning from my example. I love his laugh, his beautiful face and shining green eyes. I love his adventurous spirit and his excitement to be outside and enjoy this beautiful world. I love his singing voice and his quiet way of asking his daddy to have a prayer with him. I love him telling me over and over again that King Noah is naughty and Abinadi is nice. I love when he sees Chad and says, "Hiya Daddy", just like Mickey Mouse. I love when he plays Super Kay Kay and daddy lifts his whole body in the air like he's flying. I remember I couldn't wait for the first time he said I love you, and every time since then, I feel so incredibly blessed every time he says it. I love to watch him play with Tanner. To hear their little boy giggles from the other room and to see him share his toys and be glad to do it. I love his excitement for his new baby brother coming. He even gives me goodies to eat so baby Grant can have some too. I love his sweet way of singing Frosty or Rudolph over and over again. I love when he snuggles up next to me and tells me I need to share my arm so he can rub it for me. I love the way he prays, in a high pitched voice, being thankful for his chocolate milk, and his chocolate milk and his chocolate milk, and everything else he sees as he opens up his eyes during the prayer, like Daddy's picture of boats, and his toys, each individually of course, and Mickey Mouse and everything else he can't wait to thank Heavenly Father for. I love that he knows that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet and that Jesus is his friend, and that Jesus is daddy and mama's friend too. Once again, I am so grateful to be his mama and am thankful every day for the gift his life has been to mine.

2 comments:

Salazar Family said...

McKay is so cute!! I cant believe he's already 3... He for sure is such a cute fun little boy to be around! Happy Birthday (a little late) McKay!!

Homer Hoodlums said...

You're such a cute mom! Your kids are lucky to have you, and Chad of course. :) I miss you too friend!! What the heck!? We have a couple potential nights of being silly girls this week. Hope they happen!! If you need anything, you better tell me!