After Sacrament Meeting last Sunday a member of the Primary Presidency came up to congratulate us as parents in our efforts of teaching McKay the gospel. It was nice to receive such a compliment. Many times I wonder if what I do really matters and if my kids "get it" when I'm trying to teach them. I want nothing more than for them to love the Lord and make the gospel come alive in their lives. I'm grateful for him and for Heavenly Father for blessing me with such an incredible boy.
So here's the story:
She told me that during the beginning of Primary as they were making the daily announcements, McKay broke in and said the whole 1st article of faith...
"We believe in God the Eternal Father and in his son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost."
We'd been practicing it a few weeks before at home but we hadn't said it since then. Then a little while later when they were in singing time he decided on his own to start singing, "I Love to See the Temple" I think the words are beautiful so I'll include them here:
I love to see the temple
I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit
To listen and to pray
For the temple is the House of God
A place of love and beauty
I'll prepare myself while I am young
This is my sacred duty
That is one of his favorite songs and he wants to sing it every night at bedtime. McKay has a beautifully clear voice and I love to hear him sing, but most especially the Primary songs and hymns. I can think of no better songs for him to know. I'm so proud of my sweet boy and his zest for the gospel. I hope he will always be this excited to let his big spirit shine through.







5 comments:
That's awesome Julie. You have every reason to be proud. What a sweet little guy he is!
That is so cute! It's funny because just the other day I was telling a friend that no matter how mischeivious and bratty our kids can be (KENZIE) they really are good kids. By the way, I still always love to hear you quote your kids. Makes me laugh and warms my heart all at the same time.
I was a witness to the event:) It was in the middle of learning He Sent His Son and he just broke out in song "I love to See the Temple" All the adults were (softly) giggling, so we had to just stop where we were and sing McKay's favorite song. It was the cutest thing!! That is one of my favorite songs also, and it makes it so much better hearing all these 3-5 year olds sing it with so much heart and gusto! I am surprised you couldn't hear him from wherever you were in the building. Absolutely beautiful!
That's so cute! I'm glad McKay and EmmaLee are in the same class together!
That is so sweet! I love hearing my little girls sing Church songs or repeat something we've taught them.
Sunday while I was doing Raegan's hair for church she told me "mom, I want to live with Heavenly Father again". I almost cried. I told her that was a very good thing to want and that someday she would!!
Post a Comment