It's Midnight and everything's quiet. As I watch my children in their peaceful slumber, I'm overwhelmed by the feelings that seem to be overflowing from me. I just feel like I would be extremely ungrateful if I didn't take a minute and reflect on the wonder of being a mother. Tonight, I am filled with overwhelming love for my sweet sons. I absolutely cannot imagine my life without them. I never knew what I was missing in my life, or that anything was missing before they came along. Becoming a mother has awakened me to a whole new world. I'm so grateful that my Heavenly Father trusted me enough to work with his precious children. It's a responsibility I don't take lightly. What a humbling experience it is to know that I'm responsible to teach them about our Savior, Jesus Christ and help them know that the Atonement is real and that we truly can be forgiven, comforted, and strengthened in every way as we allow the Atonement to work in our lives. I know without a doubt that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father and that my sons are his sons, and that he loves us and because of that knowledge I am reminded daily to do a little more to allow them to feel that love. I'm grateful that the responsibility for these precious children is not mine alone. I'm eternally grateful that Chad and I made the choice to be sealed in the Lord's holy house and that my children have the privilege of being born under the covenant. I'm so thankful that he is my husband and that he is the one that I have the opportunity to raise these children with. He loves the Lord and shows it in the way he lives his life. I receive daily reminders when I observe him with my children that I absolutely made the right decision when choosing to become his wife. His spirit has always spoken to mine in ways I can't explain. I feel like when we put the Lord first and then stand side by side together our challenges can be faced and we can be an influence for good in our children's lives. I know the Lord loves us, that he guides our lives and that he guided us to each other. I always want to be worthy of the Lord's choicest blessings and not to let him or my children down. These sweet boys are the light of my life and I'm grateful every day for the privilege of being their mother.
3 comments:
Thank you for the beautiful testimony. You guys are a wonderful family. I am glad we know you.
You are amazing.
Um, hello?! SUPER cute family pic!!!!
Post a Comment