Once upon a time there was a husband who wanted to do something nice for his wife. She'd been after him for a while to clean out the closet and get rid of some of his old clothes that didn't fit and were just taking up space in the closet. While she was at work, her husband worked hard going through the clothes and decided to get rid of quite of few of his clothes, and while he was at it he decided to get rid of some of her old clothes as well. He got all of the clothes loaded up in the car, driven over to the DI and left for others to purchase. The husband was very proud of himself and couldn't wait for the wife to get home to tell him what a fabulous job he had done. When the wife got home, he casually mentioned what he had done and she decided to take a look for herself. As she walked in to the closet she noticed that the shelf that had all of her brand new work clothes on it was empty, and then to her horror she realized all of her new clothes were at the DI waiting to be purchased by someone else. (Lets just say when I heard this story I could picture those cartoon characters with smoke coming out of their ears, fuming mad) The wife was furious and wasn't sure what to do next. The DI had closed for the night so they had to wait until the next morning to do anything about it. Needless to say, the husband spent the night on the couch. The next morning, they went back to the DI and searched for over an hour and finally the wife found something that looked familiar. They located the pile and were able to retrieve all of her clothes, much to their relief. (She didn't even have to buy her clothes back)The DI workers teased the husband mercilessly and told him he was lucky he wasn't kicked out of the house or worse.....The wife had to go in late to work that morning because all of her work clothes had been in the pile. This is a true story. The husband and wife are my inlaws and this happened last week. The moral to this story: NEVER take something of someone else's to the DI without at least checking with them first, especially not ANY of your wife's clothes.
5 comments:
Ha, ha, ha. I love this! I like stories that you could actually see happening it your own life.
How FUNNY!!!! It's so sad when you try to do something right and it all turns out so WRONG.
Wow!!! I would have literally killed Joel...eaten him alive. For a minute I thought it was you that happened too and I was going to say, I didn't know you worked. LOL
oh my gosh that is so funny! she was lucky to get all those clothes back. Ok so your boys look just like their dad, what a darling little family you are. How are things?
I had a feeling the story may lead to the husband getting into trouble when I read that he started to clean out her clothes as well. That's a brave (or stupid) man!!
Post a Comment